Thursday, July 1, 2010

Really, this is what I am posting?

I stated at some point during this, my latest blogging adventure, that I would simply post what we eat for dinner. Whenever possible, I prefer to be a woman of my word, so here goes nothing (no, really, trust me on this ~ NOTHING):

Tonight, Shane, Kaia and Hallie had cheese ravioli ~ the frozen kind from Costco ~ with canned sauce (yes, CANNED) and canned green beans. Justice had leftover spaghetti and green beans. I had...an appointment to get my eyebrows waxed before I go away for the holiday weekend. Rose was sweet enough to squeeze me in, right at dinner time.

What can I say, a gal's gotta keep her priorities straight, doesn't she? I mean, I can't be expected to spend the weekend at the lake with lots of friends, lots of cameras and one giant eyebrow. Yes, I am vain and shallow. I accepted this year's ago. Moving on!

I later gave the kids some homemade ice cream (J's was dairy-free, of course) which we made last week, so maybe I will get all crazy and post those recipes later.

At this particular moment moment, I have finally managed to get all of the kids into bed and am taking a moment away from packing and cleaning to enjoy a beer. Well, I say enjoy, but the only beer I have in the house is Pabst Blue Ribbon, which I keep around because it makes surprisingly good beer bread, and is not a bad addition to a pot of chili. Well, however comparatively crappy it may seem to some other people's beer choices, I am pausing to drink a beer, anyway, and...hold on a sec...*gulp*...yeah, that's not the worst thing I've ever had for dinner. No, really. It's not.

1 comment:

  1. I am not sure what belonged to that "year," but, apparently, I felt it important to use the possessive. I also made sure to reiterate the "moment," you know, because it was such a very important moment. Not just a moment, after all, but a MOMENT moment.

    Next on my agenda: LEARN TO TYPE. j/k. Next on my agenda is yoga and bed.

    ReplyDelete