Saturday, July 24, 2010

Good God-Almighty, which way do I steer?!



I haven't had "carnivorous habits" in more than 25 years, so I don't find myself in the position of trying to "amend" anything. Nevertheless, I give you: Cheeseburger in Paradise. No, I didn't have a draft beer, but a cold Anderson Brewing Company (Booneville Beer) Summer Solstice Cerveza Crema worked out just fine, thanx. It's brewed in Mendocino County, California, and I do love to support local(ish) businesses ~ especially when they brew delicious beer :)

I fixed my burger just like Jimmy (Buffett, in case you have forgotten) says:

"I like mine with lettuce and tomato,
Heinz 57 and french fried potatoes,
big kosher pickle and a cold draft beer ~
Well, good God-Almighty, which way do I steer
to my cheeseburger in paradise?"

I skipped the onion slice and (I think) mustard that he mentions in other parts of the song (sorry, Jimmy). My cheese was soy, of course, so I am on a bit of a soy overload (ended up scraping most of it off, actually, as I am not a soy cheese fan). In the future, I can totally live without the cheese, and go for a veggie burger in paradise. I don't think Jim will mind. Do you think he minds if I call him Jim? Let's pretend he doesn't.

By the way, have you read his "Tales from Margaritaville?" No? Run right out and get it. Now. Perfect Summer reading. I highly recommend you read most of it in a hammock, if at all possible. In fact, I just highly recommend spending time in a hammock.

Next time, I will make my not-quite-yet-famous homemade veggie burgers, but this time, I went with Morningstar Farms Grillers (I like the "vegan" variety best). I will not condescend to tell you how to cook a veggie burger. We used the grill, so the house stayed nice and cool.

Oh, and, as you can see, the children enjoyed theirs with a cold ROOT beer. We felt that was more appropriate, while still remaining true to theme :)

No comments:

Post a Comment